Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Aaahhh..rejuvenation!

So I rearranged my work schedule this week so that I could get some much needed therapy. My version of therapy is rocks, roots, breathtaking vistas, and cool lakes so I spent the day riding up at Pine Log. My technical riding has suffered since my switch to AR and I definitely got my techy fix today. Kim and I rode a bunch of trails and checked out the awesome overlook at the top of Pine Log Mtn. It was a clear day and we could see for miles. After that, we rode along the rocky ridge until the trail ended about a mile later. Still having nightmares of my last bikewhack at Pine Log, I thought it smarter to just backtrack so we went down the usual ridiculously steep downhill and hooked back up with the main trail. I had the pleasure of an ill-fated yellow jacket stinging me in the inner thigh, but I'm pretty sure he's good and dead now. After about 3 hours in Pine Log we decided to ride down to Lake Allatoona. We rode out on one of the peninsulas near Macedonia Cemetery where I then proceeded to take a refreshing swim in the lake. Its pretty tough to swim in bike shoes, so hopefully we won't ever have to do that in a race. It was truly a perfect way to spend the day, and just what I needed to lift my spirits and get me through the next two days at the office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home