Thursday, October 05, 2006

Masters Swim

Last March I nearly caused my teammates to freeze to death on our gloriously stupid swim across Lake Allatoona in the Goldrush AR. Since then (well, once it warmed up) I decided that I needed to work on my swimming technique so I started going to our neighborhood pool over the summer, got some pointers from swimmer friends, and evenutally worked up the endurance to swim a half mile (in the pool). The problem is I'm still not really fast, and I still have plenty of technique issues that need to be tweaked. I went to my first Masters Swim session at the crack of dawn this morning, which focuses on speed, endurance, and stroke technique. I found it to be quite beneficial but my upper body is completely worked. I hope the paddle isn't too long in this weekend's upcoming SRACAR, or I'll be hurtin'. Goble, can you paddle for me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home