Monday, October 16, 2006

En Fuego. Winning, Training all over the place.


Well this weekend wasn't spent racing, but that didn't stop our winning streak. Like every other conscious adventure racer, I spent the week watching TV coverage of Primal Quest. Anyway, Golite held a contest in conjunction with the broadcast and each day they had a little quiz to enter drawing for a bunch of gear. I usually don't bother with such things, but Golite gear is pretty good, so I entered each day. I just got an email saying that I'd won the grand prize package, which is about $600 worth of gear. Not two days earlier, I'd been shopping for their Xirtam and Wisp jackets, both part of my winning package. Hallelujah! Thanks to Yak at CheckpointZero for publicizing the contest.

As far as this past weekend, we were all out meeting our training quota. Lisa, her husband and oft support crew member Chris, and I kicked off the weekend with both foot and bike orienteering meet on Saturday. The area is one of the better locations in which to orienteer. With lots of rolling terrain and a vast network of trails that switchback all over the place, it's easy to get turned around if you're not paying attention to every little detail. We all managed to fall victim to these pitfalls at some point, but it was a good outing nonetheless. After the meet was over, we stuck around to help with the bag pickup, which I did on bike.

Sunday was team training day and we spent it gaining elevation on our bikes on some of the most difficult, freshly graded gravel roads in Georgia. Great views and got to see some great areas we'd never ridden before and several tucked away waterfalls. It would be a great area to hold an adventure race. MUHAHAHAHA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home